Just In: Parents Withdraw Their Wards From Accra Girls SHS Over Coronavirus Fears

Double Track system
Double Track system will end before 2024 – Akufo Addo

Some parents of students in Accra Girls Senior High School have begun withdrawing their children from the school.

This follows reports that the school has recorded some cases of coronavirus nearly a week after the school reopened for final year students.

Speaking on Beyond the Lockdown as monitored by theBBCghana.Com, JoyNews reporter Maxwell Agbaba said that some parents had been in the school to take their wards home after the reports went viral.

See also  Today’s Newspaper Front Pages: Thursday, May 14, 2020

He stated that one parent said their kid was asthmatic and could not risk having her catching the virus.

Other parents, however, were unable to reach their kids when they arrived at the school, Maxwell reported.

According to some parents none of the students were tested when schools resumed and this, for them, is the genesis of the problem.

See also  President Akufo Addo made me whoever I am today – Captain Smart

Meanwhile, a teacher who spoke to Maxwell on condition of anonymity confirmed that some students had indeed been isolated after showing symptoms of Covid-19.

About six of the students who tested positive for the virus have been sent to the treatment centre.

Source: TheBBCghana.Com

SOURCEthebbcghana.com
Previous articleAkufo Addo Takes a Selfie With First Lady and His 2 Daughters Amid Isolation Brouhaha
Next articleVideo: Kufuor is the worst constitutional terrorist in history – Rawlings