General Terms and Conditions
TheBBCghana.Com reserves the right to make changes to this site and the disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and should you have any questions please direct them to:
The News Editor
Email: [email protected]
All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, and software, is the property of The BBC Ghana or its content suppliers and is protected by Ghanaian and international copyright laws and treaties. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this website is the exclusive property of TheBBCghana.Com
Without derogating from the above, TheBBCghana.Com authorises you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or parts thereof, provided that:
- Such content is used for information purposes only;
- Such content is used for non-commercial purposes; and
- Any reproduction of material from this web site or portion thereof must include this notice in its entirety.
You are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of the material from this website in any other work, publication or website of your own or belonging to another.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and other proprietary names and identifiers which are owned by The BBC Ghana and displayed on this website, may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to The BBC Ghana. Furthermore, nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting a license or right to use any of the trademarks without the express, written permission of The BBC Ghana.
Access and Availability of Service and Links
TheBBCghana.Com website may contain links to other related Internet web sites. No inference can be made, or representation implied, that theBBCghana.com is affiliated to, operates or controls these linked websites. The linked websites are for the user’s convenience only and user access thereto is at the user’s own risk. When visiting linked websites, the user must refer to that linked site’s individual terms and conditions of use and cannot rely on the terms and conditions contained herein.
Bulletin Boards and Forums
TheBBCghana.Com has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and review submissions submitted by users to Bulletin Boards and Forums. The BBC Ghana shall not be responsible for the content of these messages and reserves the right to delete or edit submissions that it deems to be abusive, defamatory, obscene or in violation of any Copyright or Trademark laws, or otherwise objectionable.
Notwithstanding the above, all submissions to the Bulletin Boards and Forums will become the exclusive property of The BBC Ghana.
Use of the Bulletin Boards and Forums are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The user will not use any of the Forums or Bulletin Boards for illegal purposes.
- The user will not use the Forums or Bulletin Boards for the purposes of “spamming”.
- The user will not restrict or inhibit any other user/s from using and enjoying the Forums and Bulletin Boards in any manner.
- The user will not use threatening, inciting, inflammatory, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, pornographic material in any of the Forums or Bulletin Boards.
- The user will not violate the Copyright, Trademark or any other Intellectual property right of any other person by the submission of content to thebbcghana.com.
- The user warrants that he/she is the rightful owner of content submitted to, or transmitted through, thebbcghana.com, or that the user has obtained permission from the rightful owner/s to submit or transmit such content.
- The user will not submit or transmit content on or through thebbcghana.com website that contains viruses or other harmful material.
- The user will not submit or transmit, content intended for commercial purposes or containing marketing or promotional materials or content intended to solicit donations, on or through thebbcghana.com
The BBC Ghana reserves the right to pull down any content that is transmitted in violation of all the provisions listed above.
The information, services, products and materials published on this website, including without limitation, text, graphics and links are provided on an “as is” basis.Ghbase Media Networks makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, contents, materials, or products included on this site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing.Ghbase Media Networks does not warrant that:
- That this website will be error-free,
- This website will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality; and
WhilstGhbase Media Networks has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this website are free of viruses, trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other date or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall The BBC Ghana and its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages resulting from the inability to use this website, the operational failure of this website, or for any information, products, and services obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, even if The BBC Ghana and/or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws.
This web site could include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact The BBC Ghana to confirm all information contained on this website prior to placing reliance thereon. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website.
Violation and Waiver
Should you violate these Terms and Conditions or any other rights of The BBC Ghana, it reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you.