The Electoral Commission of Ghana has rescheduled a new date for the compilation of the New Voter’s register towards the upcoming 7th December,2020 general elections.
This exercise is scheduled to commence on Tuesday,30th June,2020 and expected to end on Thursday,6th August,2020.
From authority,this article looks at the necessary things one must be acquainted with before, during and after one’s presence at the various stations.
Every qualified Ghanaian registrant is anticipated to help in the smooth running of the exercise by acting accordingly as stated:
1. You need a valid NIA (Ghana) card or passport, in case you don’t have any of the two requirements, you need two Ghanaians who have registered for the new voter’s ID card to guarantee and witness for you to be registered.
2. The old voter’s ID card is not accepted by law, and expired passport will also not be accepted.
3. The correct spelling and other of your name.
4. Your actual date of birth.
5. Your current residential address.
6. The full name of your parents (father’s name and mother’s name).
7. Your home town.
8. The district where your hometown is located, your residential address in your home town.