As the 2020 December polls get heated the fight for political will on who to steer affairs remain clairvoyant as the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the largest opposition party thus the National Democratic Congress (NDC) stands as the ultimate favourite.
These two big political parties, in the long run, has turned Ghana into a two-party state with my reasons being that the two-party has been the only two political that has steered the affairs of the state in our last two republics.
Communications Officer of the largest opposition party thus the National Democratic Congress (NDC) who is in the person of Sammy Genfi as also called Sammy Gyamfi has listed the number of promises that have not been fulfilled by President Akufo Addo on the Kakra Pa Evening show this last night.
The list includes:
Out of the 545 failed promises of President Akufo Addo and the ruling NPP, the 25 failed promises below are what I find very interesting:
1. One district, one market: “Develop modern markets and retail infrastructure in every district to enhance domestic trade”. (page 30)
2. Construct New harbors at Jamestown in Accra and Keta. (page 78)
3. Restore the Korle lagoon, including the reintroduction of its fish stock. (Page 55)
4. One district, one hospital: “upgrade all existing district hospitals where they exist and where they don’t, establish a new one. NPP’s aim is for each district to have at least one hospital”. (Page 119)
5. One region, one Theatre: “We will pursue the construction of modern large seating theatres in every regional capital, except Accra, beginning from Takoradi, Tamale, and Kumasi”. (page 172)